How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I have some exercise catching up to do because I was on vaca at the beach in Montauk, Monday through Friday (got back today).

Sunday 8/9 - last park walk before Montauk, 10K steps plus 30 minutes yoga and weights

Monday 8/10 - beach walk at night, took some cool photos, tried walking in my shoes and HATED it. Never again! I love the feel of bare feet in sand and water. Never-the-less... 10K steps.

Tuesday 8/11- beach walk at night again. At least I had no shoes. It's pretty to see all the bonfires at night. I do not like seeing the fishing poles. Why are there fishing poles? I don't even really understand it. I don't see people holding them. Some things are beyond my knowledge base. 10K steps.

Wednesday 8/12 - beach walk during the day. Finally found my rhythm! So much better for me! It's much easier to walk in Montauk on the beach than in Fire Island. In Montauk the sand doesn't drop off right by the water and the sand is packed much tighter. I went for a great swim in the ocean too. 11K

Thursday 8/13 - I decided I'd water walk in the pool and then realized the iphone (what I use to count my steps) doesn't work in the pool. I did some googling and found that water step counting is a bit complex since the body doesn't function the same way in water. Of course, water walking is a good and healthy thing, and I wonder what the best device is for counting steps in the pool. I'd love to know! So I ended up walking on the beach during the day with another ocean swim. 12K steps.

Friday 8/14 - we got back today, and so I ended up doing a pavement night walk. I wore my new balance fresh foam shoes and they worked fine. 11K steps. I'm wondering if my original problems were due not as much to shoes as to not having walked for 4 months due to the pandemic (and then jumping into doing 10K steps a day).

I really loved walking barefoot on the beach in Montauk during the day over our vacation. There are beautiful cliffs and lots of big stones and lots of emptiness, and the swimming is great out there. It was interesting to see how much I preferred it to the beach at Fire Island. I took tons of photos of the beach while walking in Montauk. It was a really nice vacation, with lots of time in the pool and the ocean. I am a water girl for sure.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: