Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I can see why Jist might be a little confused by the reaction and how to interpret it. Julie's clarification did help shed some insight on this.

I am a little confused myself and trust someone can help me out.

The original title: "what every Femme should know", can be seen as a blanket(generalized) statement that might ruffle feathers.

"Being Femme means you honor and respect your Femme Sisters." and "Being a Femme's Femme is more important than any Butch on this planet." also appear to be blanket (generalized) statements yet they dont seem to be as much of an issue.

So, I am confused as to what exactly is it about blanket (generalizations)statements that is problematic?

Is it when the id of the OP may differ from from the id about whom the actual post is about that makes it problematic i.e. if a Femme posted it, it might not be quite as troublesome. But, a non Femme posting it makes it more indicative of <misogyny, stereotyping, whatever other terms work>.

Is it the actual content where one might be seen as disempowering while another is seen as empowering? If it is, then isnt this a dual standard? If it isnt, shouldnt both types of generalizations be addressed as issues?

Is it popular opinion? By this I mean, if we agree with what is said, does it make it ok as opposed to when we dont agree with it?

Is it a combination? Or maybe something I am not even thinking of at the moment?

I thought I understood it. Now I am not so sure.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: