Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I use almost no credit. Everything by cash. EVERYTHING.

I buy in resale stores

I sell in resale stores and use the money made there to buy in resale stores

I grow my own plants from seed instead of buying plants

I grow plants and thus, veggies, instead of buying them in the store. I also keep my gardening simple, and dont buy expensive gardening tools, etc.

I borrow what I can. I buy only quality when I do buy.

I do not buy in quantity. It goes bad in our house because we never get around to using it all. So we buy in moderate amounts of small amounts. Sounds backwards but its what works for our two person household.

I am buying a half a cow and half a pig this year from a farmer, at slaughter time and putting them in my freezer. I have had it for two years and never used it. We decided that was silly. (the freezer was given to us)

I got rid of cable. I refuse to pay $150 a month for the privilege of watching commercial laden shows. We have netflix, hulu and amazon plus. Still cheaper! (I also watch shows the day after, on imtv.cc)

I keep my car maintained so I have fewer repair bills. Once a car is paid off, I only keep liability on it. The money I save goes into a fund that goes for the next car, as a full payment or a down payment.

I live within my means. I overstetched myself at times and was miserable whenever I did so. I am much happier living carefully.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: