Old 03-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #130
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default The decorating budget blues????

It's fun to see how much we have in common when having to live on a budget. So many of us seem to have similar strategies.

I have a shopping triangle: Trader Joes, Sprouts and Costco. I have found I can get really good quality food at reasonable prices by being picky and price aware. Our Costco carries a lot of organic products. I love my freezer too.

I decided to try and redecorate my house via Craigslist. I've bought choice pieces and sold my old stuff. Just this week it all fell into place. I love Annie Sloan and her chalk paint. I buy for shape, design, and quality. And I actually love it if it needs some paint It's really easy to sell on Craigslist if you are reasonable about your pricing. I always screen people via a phone call, sometimes several. There are 2 major cities one to the North and one to the South of me. About a 200-mile drive either way and what an adventure to take a lovely drive and come home with furniture, meet new people lol it's an adventure. But at the end of the day, I have gotten the look I want and quality items that I could not afford otherwise. It's known that I am a decorating addict, please help me. Fortunately, I don't have to answer to anyone on that matter.

TIP: When wealthy people redecorate they often sell things cheap so they can get on with their projects. Act fast and bargain with them.

CL is a treasure hunt you never know what piece you will find at what time. Be patient when you want an item, it will come up.

I heard a saying in regards to organization and decluttering: Only save what you love. I tend to have a love of "SHINEY THINGS" especially if found on a treasure hunt like yard sales, Craigslist etc. Ohhh shiny thing, great price, and growing clutter. So I have been on an only save what I use and love binge. It has happened in layers, over a couple of years. I am finally down to what I really want and love. My house is easier to clean, and when I look around I smile because I really love what's left.

Love the laundry soap idea <3
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post: