View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation
Default thanks

Excellent input so far. My thanks to you all!

One of the houses I am interested in has 5 additional lots. They are wooded and from what I can tell not flat. I have toured the house and it is old enough(but updated ie new roof, wiring, windows) and quirky enough that I love it (the master bedroom has a soaking tub and the attic will make an excellent studio)
The realtor said they pay all closing costs and he even gave me the key code so I could take a look at the house on my own time. I really appreciated that because my hours at work are ridiculous!

Anyway, I like the idea of the extra lots, but shou
ld I decide in the future to divide the land up could I sell the extra land if I'm still paying on it? And does a home inspector check the land as well as the house or is that a separate inspector?

I have rented and I like the dear landlord my washer is acting up ness of it, but I'be been looking at houses for a while now and it's just time.

Any thoughts on For Sale By Owner? Pros/ cons?