Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

StephanieAlexis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedon View Post

1) When did you begin feeling like you were different?

2) Did you always know that you should have been born the opposite sex, or did that come abit later though you always knew you were different?

3) When did you decide to come out, and how did you come out?

Good questions, thank you for asking.

Since many have already answered I'll try not to repeat and keep succinct. (No, seriously, lol!)

1 - I remembering starting to feel different by 1st/2nd grade, asking God why i hadn't been born like my sisters. Of course, not having any vocabulary to explain what I was feeling, the very thought that I should be asking such a question (circa late '60's/early '70's) scared me badly.

2 - Yes...and no. Again, I felt (with underlying knowledge) that I should have been more like my sisters, although i didn't know to what extent until later. (Actually, this seems to be asking 2 distinct questions, when did I know I was trans, and when did I know I was different. Should these always been assumed to be inclusive? Hmmm...)

3 - I came out just before my 40th birthday. it was a milestone filled with much emotion, agnst and hope. I came out in small, incremental steps at first, telling close friends, seeking out a therapist, a family member or two. I did tell my ex, which turned out to be the right - yet painful - decision.
StephanieAlexis is offline   Reply With Quote