Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
As the OP of this thread, I'd just like to mention a couple of things. This thread was brought about to reflect on your God, or higher power and what you are thankful for in this world. I've seen very little gratitude given to God or your higher power to express your gratitude.

If you'd like to post here in this thread, then simply give some gratitude. It is not a "list your 5 things you like most" thread. There are other threads to list your 5 favorite things.

Thank you.

One of the most powerful freedoms we have is free will.

And with that comes incredible self responsibilty.

Coupled with the powerlessness of control over everything except ourselves.

Relinquishing control over life in general or specific details about someone else interpretation over our expectations can be quite painful.

So when we address our failings in the face of our personal mirror, we are admonished to "Let go, and Let God (Jesus, etc.) take over the wheel" and let go of our baser need to be grasping and in the throes of neediness. It's a hard road to travel. I trip over many boulders on my path.

Kent, since I believe all things come from the Great Oneness of All, then all the things, people, animals, rocks, plants etc. are part of that Oneness. Including clean drinking water and antibiotics and candy.

Tucked into my thoughts daily is the Grace that allows me to take each breath. There is a certain perfection to each draw into my lungs, fueling each heart beat. Surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery taking over 8 hours makes every second of every day a gift.

Don't sweat the small stuff. And it's all small stuff. So it didn't turn out the way you expected. Expectations are pre-meditated resentments, says the Big Book. Your original intent was thwarted and became large and expansive. It now draws folks from all walks of life and thought. Can you see the blessing you gave to us? The joy each of us share with you daily is our gift back to you. Having a platform to share with others of like mind is a gift. Thank you for your generous gift Kent. I for one am blessed each time I come to this thread.

Whether reading or writing, I am reminded of the Glory of the "threads" that connect us all. Our voices raised in unison. Praising. Giving thanks for our many gifts. All thanks to you.

Is that not enough for any one?

God has blessed you Brother Kent.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: