cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Jaques, there's a thread called Famous Celebrity Queers on here. On that thread, someone - can't remember who at the moment - posted an article about Joe Carstairs. I think it was taken directly from 'Queen of Whale Cay'. Carstairs sounds like an intriguing character, and I want to buy the book. I had known about Carstairs from books I read on lesbian women of the golden era of Hollywood. 'The Girls: Sappho Goes to Hollywood' by Diana McLellan; and 'The Sewing Circle: Sappho's Leading Ladies' by Axel Madsen. Two books that are a 'must read' for anyone interested in that era, and learning who was gay. Both books are a 'tell-all' expose revealing the sexual orientation of the most famous and beautiful icons of Hollywood cinema of the time.

Thanks for the tip on the books. I will look for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
.........Did anyone read "Suits Me", the story of Billy Tipton, also Colnol Barker's Monstrous Regiment by Rose Collis - oh and The Queen of Whale Cay by Kate Summers, wonderful tales of women who lived as men, or in joe carstairs case - a butch woman in the period leading up to WW2? Great accounts of adventurous people and all true life stories.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post: