View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #48
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Father, writer, and public health consultant, Willy Wilkinson was the Transgender Law Center's, Claire Skiffington's Vanguard Awardee for 2014. I've had the pleasure of meeting Willy several times, and I have personally benefited greatly from a workshop which he wrote, and continues to add to, called the Trans Employment Empowerment Initiative, which is offered through The (LGBQT) Center in collaboration with TransThrive. One of the many reasons why I am happy to be living in San Francisco.

Recently, Willy alerted BABOYZ (Bay Area Boyz, an email group, which is a resource for transmen in the Bay Area, notifying members of news, events, and resources, relevant to transmen, as well as a venue for transmen to ask other transmen questions,) of an OP-ED piece that appeared in the Advocate this month, written by his wife.

"Check out my amazing wife Georgia Kolias' article in the Advocate about accepting my gender transformation. I love her brave, authentic voice about the complexities of being a lesbian married to a trans man."

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2...transformation

In a later BABOYZ's email, it was shared that there was a Call for Submissions by Transgress Press, and to please let our partners know about it.

"Letters from Our Partners", inspired by "Letters for My Brothers", is an anthology of Letters written by partners to their trans* partner about their experience being partnered with a trans* person.

http://www.transgresspress.org/2013/...-our-partners/

Deadline has been extended. Email editor (on call page via link above) to get exact date.

Some of you might be familiar with "Letters for My Brothers", a book whose contributors included several members from our site.

I wanted to share this information, since this seems to be a persistent topic in my world, and on more than one occasion, an ongoing dialog which I have had with my partners, who identified as lesbians and femmes.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: