View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #72
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I have 80 years of music, roughly. My big band, jump and jazz collection contains original recordings as well as music that has been re-recorded note for note.

When I was in radio, my mentors were older gentlemen (one of them a big band leader), the other a big band expert who had his own show, and who educated me on the World War ||, the swing era, singers, and off-stage stories about bands and leaders. Both of these men were in their 20s during World War II and I would listen to them for hours about the war and music and the way of life.

I spent around 16 years knowing them and learning from them while writing documentaries and radio programs, and listening to hours of recordings to appreciate the arrangements, musicianship, and genius of the bands and songwriters, to say the least. I'll never forget those men and I will always cherish everything they taught me. Best of all, they turned me on to the most incredible music I've ever heard.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post: