Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

You're all right, I know it. Normally, I'm not like this but I was already feeling a bit batted around by life and just sort of despaired.

So, I thought "What can I do for myself?" I went to the health club and hit the pool! I swam lap after lap in the sunset, with the pool lights coming on, and it was so beautiful. I love the tingly feeling of release after good exercise. Then I sat in the hot tub as a "reward", came home and fixed a good dinner, and then a friend came over and much laughter ensued. I feel much better.

As for falling in love or even dating, I know in my gut it's not the right time. Yeah, I know someone could show up at any time, but I'm not seeking it out. I know it was the right time, place and person for my friend and perhaps that sort of triggered the lonelies. I want it to be right for me, too. I think it will be, and it won't take forever. This year has been way beyond my hopes so far, so maybe!

I do agree that we all have strengths. I'm the person friends come to when they need advice and clear thinking in a situation. Other friends have the gift of hugs and nurturing. Both kinds are good . I just realized that my entire post was my way of saying "Help, I'm sad!"

Thanks so much. I do think it's an interesting topic in its own right .