Old 04-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I have always so enjoyed the story of Ruth and Naomi.

Naomi being Ruth's mother in law and having become a widow, vowed to be with her until the end. Ruth had married Naomi's son but only because Naomi had pushed her to do so. After Naomi's son's death (Ruth's husband) Ruth promised to never leave Naomi's side again.

It has always amazed me that these two women made vows to each other and to God about each other. Their vows are often said in marriage ceremonies. It is a vow of love and companionship and family. I feel it could have even been more than that actually, but who knows.

Again, i don't really want to get into a heated debate about it. Let's continue to keep it a positive space.

Please feel free to share anything that touches you and thanks to those who have posted and those who sent reps and glad this thread is here. I really appreciate all of the positive energy in this thread!!!!

I wanted to share the famous vows that these two women made today....

Ruth 1:16-17

But Ruth said,
“Do not press me to leave you
or to turn back from following you!
Where you go, I will go;
Where you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people and your God my God.
Where you die, I will die
There I will be buried.
May the Lord do thus and so to me
And more as well
If even death parts me from you!”’
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: