Old 10-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #2068
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Carbs are a good thing, when they are taken from natural ingredients. My advice to people without health restrictions are to use the "GOD" diet.. Meaning anything made by GOD is ok, anything made by man, not ok. Just a guideline to remind us that manufactured foods (pasta, cereal, most desserts) are full of empty calories/no nutritional value. Pretty much anything natural like veggies and fruits, and most meats are OK.

Of course whatever works for each of us is what works
I so agree with this. I've found that, for me, the closer I keep things to their natural state, the better off I am. Whole fruit, fresh veggies, lots of raw salad, as little of the processed stuff as possible.

For me, eating processed, fast food, artifically flavored or artifically sweetened stuff leads to cravings for more and more of it. It's a vicious cycle.

Even when I really want something sweet...eating something home-baked, or a small amount of good dark chocolate stops the craving for sweet without sending me into a tailspin of unhealthy eating.