Old 11-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Great idea for a thread. Thank you for the information about this company. I have to say that the first thing that came to mind was that even though butch owned companies (a couple mentioned in the article), have been around longer than this one, this CIS MALE'S company is the one that was actually acknowledged and made the nytimes. I am sure part of the reason for this is that it was an already established company, but.....anyway, not surprising.

SO... like I said, great thread!

I am fortunate that my physique allows me to purchase men's clothing off the rack. Both bottoms and tops.

Sometimes I have problems with some dress shirts being very slightly too long in the arms, but not enough of a problem to have to go to a tailor. Actually, in thinking about it, they are probably the "correct" length, but since I wear dress shirts without jackets to work, I am more concerned with how they fit without a jacket.

I only have one suit, that was given to me by a friend, and it fits perfectly. Otherwise, I have no experience with suits. I don't know if I am just lucky with this one, or if most men's suits would fit me this well. My shoulders are broad for a female, but I would guess that there would at least need to be some tailoring around there (?). My suit does not have a vest with it. I am sure that prior to my top surgery a fitted vest would have needed some adjustment to fit.

As an aside, there is a butch clothing thread, but I won't link it here, so that your thread can run in a "fresh" direction.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: