Old 12-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #519
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for posting this. I read this too. I do wonder though if we will start to see organ donors say that they don't want that organ used. I wonder if penises would be a special request item they (the organ people who hawk around waiting for your family member to die) would have to ask a family member for even if the person is a "organ donor".

Anyway, I suspect that a cis man would get a donated penis well before they would give one to a trans man. However, if donating penises become a norm, there may be enough to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I realize this is not news that relates directly to trans people as it stands, yet I am choosing to post it because it is important news that will hopefully improve lower surgeries for trans men in the not too distant future. -Jesse

"Within a year, maybe in just a few months, a young soldier with a horrific injury from a bomb blast in Afghanistan will have an operation that has never been performed in the United States: a penis transplant.
The organ will come from a deceased donor, and the surgeons, from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, say they expect it to start working in a matter of months, developing urinary function, sensation and, eventually, the ability to have sex..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/07/he...unds.html?_r=1

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: