Thread: Podcasts
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Oh cool! I kept meaning to do a search for a podcast thread or create one! Medusa... looks like you have a few I need to check out! I too listen to several from NPR.

I try not to watch too much news cuz it's just so annoying but listening doesn't seem to bother me quite so much!

News

Anderson Cooper 360
MSNBC Morning Joe
MSNBC Rachel Maddow

Humor and/or Interview

Here's The Thing with Alec Baldwin <-- he's grown on me some

Death, Sex and Money <-- is an interview-style podcast hosted by Anna Sale that discusses the big questions "often left out of polite conversation

The Tobolowky Files <-- annoying BING! dude from Groundhog Day He's had some interesting adventures! He's a great story teller and his voice alone makes me smile

Educational

Naked Scientists <-- BBC and there a dozens for different fields of study.

Discovery <-- BBC again ... science stuff

Invisibilia <-- kinda new, 2015 "explores the intangible forces that shape human behavior—things like ideas, beliefs, assumptions and emotions."

I usually listen to podcasts as I'm winding down or headed off to sleep. My brain doesn't always shut off so listening to something benign ... emotionally neutral (?) lol ... helps me to go to sleep. <-- ya can't listen and think as the same time.

Sleep

Stories From The Boarder of Sleep <-- stories

Atmosphonic - Sounds To Help You Relax and Sleep <-- just discovered this one. I like their files Waves and Afternoon Thunderstorm
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote