Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
i'm no critical authority on climate change but even a fool like me can understand that when parts of Louisiana are inundating and becoming uninhabitable, all of us need to teach other why we need each-other to survive ...and our gender/sexual distinctions may be the shallowest distinctions amongst us.

AS Rodney King once said " Can't we all just get along" ...SURE...at least until we make life on this planet more reasonably assured.Let's all be pals etc, get along, etc...but let's not wipe out every avenue of disagreement.

Come debate/argue with me ( and others )...we will keep our intellectual juice flowing and we will keep serving the life-blood of our community.
Me too, I'm no authority on Climate Change but the clearest, most recent example in the news is the flooding back in the Mid-west, due to levee's exploding past multiple barriers and generations of farmers losing their entire crops (which they barely make any revenue on).

Here's the NYT's story from headline news on MSN, about how a soy bean crop farmer (Roger Ideker, see photo in article) filed suit, several years ago, against the Army Corps of Engineers. His legal case argues that because of X, Y and Z conditions that happen (climate change tragedies -- major rivers exploding past their levee's, etc) and falling outside the ordinary limits of natural disaster insurance type stuff, has basically destroyed the way farmers try to eke out a living: "...repeated floods amounts to seizure of property..." (R. Ideker, see NYT's article).

It's terrible, the economic burden US farmers of soy, corn or any crop. face. From what I understand, they enter contracts with the US government to produce crops, but then Monsanto owns the market for seeds, then when the crop finally makes it to the market, the same oliogarchy who demanded high prices for seeds, barely pays them anything for the crops they produce, barring catastrophic disasters, such as the flooding in the Mid-west.

NYT's Article: 'Breaches Everywhere': Midwest Levees Burst, Tough Questions Follow

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: