Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Ah but Daryn, I wasn't thinking about straight relationships when I posted... I was thinking about the kind of Lesbian Feminist relationships I came out of, where everything was strictly equal and exact reciprocity was the rule--you know, "I go down on you, so you must go down on me; I go out to work so you must go out to work; I cooked supper tonight so you must cook supper tomorrow"--strictly reciprocal in all things, yanno?

So to me, a Stone relationship is a relationship between equals, yes, but it's a power exchange and things are not set up to be strictly reciprocal.
OK. That makes sense to me. It's been a long time since I was in a relationship anything like you are describing and I've never seen that as any kind of *for me* iconic relationship.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daryn For This Useful Post: