Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ending Meat and Dairy Consumption and Production (Environmental News concerning Humans and Earth)

As many of you might know, my own work related injuries escalated into an all out war on not succumbing to an Diabetic trajectory. I've been successful in stemming the Diabetic Tide in my life by converting to an strict plant-based diet... because consumption of meat and diary products exacerbates and is believed to lead to full blown diabetes, not to mention consumption of any food which converts to sugar in the bloodstream (ie, pasta, rice, breads, sugar - itself, etc). Meat and Dairy production is a main contributor to global earth warming impacts - second only to the Oil industry.

But today, in an very important news release from Democracy Now!: Amy Goodman interviewed George Monbiot, journalist for The Guardian, with co-host of the interview Nermeen Shaikh.

Here is an excerpt of the interview (Link to full article and audio podcast, below):

Quote:
We look at the link between climate change and meat consumption on the heels of a series of damning reports that say if humans don’t act now to halt climate change, the results will be catastrophic. A new study by the World Meteorological Organization shows the past four years have been the hottest on record. On Tuesday, the United Nations reported that carbon emissions reached record highs in 2017 and are on the rise for the first time in four years. Radical reductions are necessary to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees, the level that would prevent the worst effects of catastrophic climate change. Livestock for meat and dairy products worldwide is responsible for almost 15 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions, making it the second largest source of emissions after the fossil fuels industry. We speak with British author and journalist George Monbiot, who argues that the fate of the planet depends on the way we choose to eat.
Click Here for LINK to audio podcast and transcript @ Democracy Now!

Last edited by Kätzchen; 11-29-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: