The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
Hi everyone..been a while sense I wrote in here so I figured I would catch you all up.
Things are going rather well here, still loving it. Still looking for work. Sadly you would think this city would have a lot, but I have put in so many applications and sent out a lot of resume's that I still have not heard nothing back.
I am staying with a friend of a friends right now.. I dont have much of a social life yet, been to busy tryin to find work..But I do need to get out there.
Sometimes I do feel lonely and would like to have someone lgbt to hang with you know...But I'll start writing or searching for jobs and volunteering and I start letting it go how I am feeling.
I have had a few friends say I need to get out and have a good time and just relax..But I feel if I relax to much that I might let a job pass me by.
I went to see a Peer counselor here at the lgbtq Identity house. He gave me lots to think about and a direction for a more of a regular counselor and maybe get on meds and definitely get back on my Ts. He said that was dangerous to go off of them and it could cause me a lot of harm if I dont start them again..Which I wouldnt have gone off of them before if I hadnt ran out of money..He says I am depressed and I should try to get on some kind of Disability just for awhile..For Gender Identity Disorder..
So starting on the 31st I have a appt at a place called Callen-Lorde, Its suppose to be a very good place. I am hoping so. I really need it.
Even though I am healthier then I have been in a very long time, Lost lots of weight..and even got a tan..My heart is still heavy and I really need to some help..And I need a life lol
I told my mom I was staying here in NY and she pretty much said.."I love you but you will have to live with what you have done" I cant expect much from her.
I do miss my family back in Indiana but wouldnt trade this for nothing..I love it here..And I am glad that I made the leap.
Taylor,

As someone who started transitioning while in NYC, I highly recommend Callen Lorde. They were very supportive of me and helped a lot along the way. Also you may want to check out the Gender Identity Project Masculine Group (they usually meet weekly for about 12-14 weeks per quarter). It's free (although donations of any kind are welcomed) and it's a great place to find support and network.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: