How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,185 Times in 5,148 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

This may not be exactly the right thread for this kind of post, but I couldn't find a better one. I apologize if it's not in the right place.

I was listening to a news story about jury selection for Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis police officer who murdered George Floyd. They played a clip of one of the potential jurors who had been asked what he thought about the police in general (or something similar, I'm paraphrasing). The potential juror's answer included a description of police driving through the neighborhood where George Floyd's death occurred, immediately following the incident, and blaring "Another One Bites the Dust" from their loudspeakers.

How in the world are cops allowed to behave this way? I know the police unions back them up all the time, to the extent that they are allowed to get away with murder, but to be so openly provocative and hateful is just beyond the pale. I don't know why I'm so surprised that there are such hateful people in the world, I guess I shouldn't be. I think what I'm really surprised at is that there is a culture which exists in the world that allows this kind of hate and callous glee at someone's murder to be so openly demonstrated. I'm just sick of it all, it makes me ill.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: