Thread: Weird Science
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #10
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I wonder if this robo suit could be modified for use by ppl with disablities or spinal injuries? It already has the ablity to hepl normal ppl so it should work if applied to the concept of the disabed or others who could benefit from it.it also ould be made smaller to be less bulky..food for thought.
Yes it will be interesting to see how it develops- the bulkiness and also the weight- I think the lighter version is over 40 lbs which seems heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Wow, that was my thought, too. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the technology that went into that suit didn't "evolve" into something to aid the physically challenged.

If I had one of those suits, I could work til I dropped.....dead.

Wait a sec........I WANT to retire.

~Theo~
Ha! That's a good point- we do want to retire some day, don't we? lol.
Here's a fascinating and moving vid of Dean Kamen's (he's the guy that invented the awesome Segway vehicle) robotic prosthesis project for DARPA. For those who don't have the time, watch at about the 8:00 mark for incredible footage of the device in use as it exists now-

Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post: