View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #117
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my boo bear.

Thanked 32,056 Times in 9,969 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Agree with Katzchen's post about letting go. One concept excepted, I cannot give compassion to the offender. Deep inside me, there is always anger for the major offender. It takes much to drive me to anger, but once someone has crossed that line it's all over.

How can one give compassion if the results of the offense affect every minute of every day? The lingering of severe psychological trauma does not allow me to let it go. Some wounds never heal. If I am not able to heal, they will not receive my compassion.

Such an offender does not deserve compassion!
I disagree with you, respectfully.

The purpose of Letting Go is to let go without punitive attitude.
When I Let Go, it's an act of compassion for myself and it's an act of compassion for the offender. The purpose of Letting Go is only achievable if we truly let go of the pain or anger or any other emotion which prevents us from attending to our own selves.

I choose Letting Go because, once again, I need to disrupt the drain circling process of the social contract around Forgiveness. Forgiveness does nothing for me. I feel it's a much better outcome when I actively choose to Let Go. Letting Go is the only feasible solution for me and it's helped me to focus on tending to my own self and empowers me to take care of me.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote