Thread: Herbalism
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Part of my New Years promise to myself this year was to start incorporating more natural herbal alternatives into my health routine to replace OTC meds.

So here's a thread to talk about all things herbal! (NO, Not 420!)

Do any of you take valerian root to sleep? or is there something more affective?

Hi Medusa,
If you are having trouble sleeping, be sure you aren't mineral deficient. That makes a huge difference, believe it or not. Valerian root is okay in my experience, but it didn't really make any appreciable difference in my insomnia.

By the way, it can be addictive. Please take care with the amount you use as well as how often.

A few years ago, I was lucky to have a kinesiologist work on me. He really honed right in on my problem areas just like a laser beam. I found his subsequent nutritional recommendations as well as his suggested vitamin and mineral regimen to be superlative.

Of course, like anything, you need to really look into the background of your practitioners as well as their experience level. YMMV, but if you have someone reputable in your area, it is a great thing to do for yourself.

Great thread!