How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I will also add that I sure never denied the degree of violence and hatred directed toward gay people from the outside. So that part of your post puzzled me.
I didn’t mean to make it about violence directed toward gay people. There was violence directed toward lots of people. Violence was part of the fabric of people’s daily lives. It still is I’m sure. But violence directed toward gay people was not the point I was making. I can see I do way too much meandering when I write a post. Sorry. It was about how butches dealt with the violence that I was talking about and how that affected me as a kid. It was impressive to me at that time. I wanted to be that. I wanted to be a dangerous butch when I grew up. And then I talked about how as I got older I moved away from wanting to emulate the butches I knew because of some of the things I saw in their relationships. And then how I worked through that and back out the other side.

And for me it still is about making my wife happy. Even though I know I cannot be responsible for another person’s happiness, I just make damn sure I am never responsible for her unhappiness. That seems to work pretty well.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: