morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
Well, we made it back from Maine and all points in between! What a great trip! I noticed a lot of things that I didn't realize before.

Many of the night or wknd support for drivers can be harsh. Seems like they don't really give as quality of service as your regular DBL/dispatcher.

Food choices really can be difficult especially when you are the type of driver that doesn't stop often.

Truck stops can have good food, but expensive. Truck stops can have really bad food, still expensive.

Noticed a lot of guys with regular coolers strapped into their passenger seat. When they need to drain it they just open up the door, slide cooler over a bit, and wah-la. Looked into a few regular size coolers. Most were inexpensive and state keeps things cold between 3-5 days. The one Cruel will try is 48qts and will keep cool for 3 days. Hoping we can at least pack healthy for a couple days and then in meantime if there's something healthy can grab and toss in the cooler.

Anyone get the munchies when driving?

A few other things I noticed - drivers are not given a lot of respect, CB's can come in way handy or ridiculous entertainment, never knew how many parking lots smelled like urine, etc.

i been snacking on fresh cherries or water melon while im driving here lately ..
chew gum.. drink a lot of plain green tea.. i make myself .. cuz i dont put nothing in it..and ,make it in a quart size water bottle

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote