Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Julie...good question....seriously! For me, I lived in Atlanta,GA for a few years...it was so huge as a community that anyone I did date, hadn't been with anyone in the "community". PLUS I tend to gravitate towards Nurses/Medical People....and that "pool" is not so much a "community". Then I was in a 5 yr and a 15 year relationship...pretty close together. Since being single the last 3 years...I have dated people I met from dating sites...and none were in the community, so to speak. Each person was either an hr. or up to 8 hrs. away...soooo..that kept me from being in the "community" where I lived. I have dated (IRL) 3 people from a site...online...and again, each was from a few states away...and I hadn't thought about your question, until you brought it up. So that is how I manage to stay away from the pool...I tend to steer clear of the "community" just for the "incest part". I was at a potluck a few months ago, in Jacksonville,FL. My first, and only foray into the "pool". The group I was conversing with began to talk about who all each had "slept with" at this particular function...one said "8", one said "5", and one said "almost all the femmes here". It startled me so...and I just thought to myself...I am NOT interested in anyone here. I think it is disrespectful to "kiss and tell" like that....and I didn't want to be a part of it. So, I come online and steer clear of that, if possible. This is just what works for me...and my own opinion...<smiles>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
So here is a question to all of you who would not date someone who dated someone you know...

Our community is fairly incestuous - be it online or real time. How can this be avoided? Seriously.