Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

I've done so before, and met a wonderful woman. Unfortunately, she was pretty far away and both of us had rotten timing. We're still great friends. I'd go out with someone I met online, as I don't go to clubs or bars, especially a site where the person's character could be vouced for (like BFP).

*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers)

Not again. It's a shock learning what your friends think your "type" is, or what you'll settle for. Now, a party or dinner in which said person was also invited but not as my date-that's OK. It's not just about the fix-up, that way.

*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know?

Generally, no. It depends. My best friend's ex, no way (she's straight, anyway, but I mean a very close friend). An aquaintance, again it depends. I'd rather not date if the community was that insular.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

In real life, because you get to see the person "in action", and probably doing something you already like to do.