Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

Yes. I have and I am, and I would again. I have met local and long distance, my current being long distance.

*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers)

I've done that a couple times. Once worked out well. Or rather, the dating didn't go so well but I made a very dear lifelong friend out of it.

*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know?

Pffft. Have you ever been to Asheville? My entire group of local friends, we have all dated each other, each other's exes, each other's relatives, yada yada yada. It isn't a very large place, and we all just seem to know and understand. Rarely does anyone ever have hard feelings about it. Usually, no matter who is dating or breaking up, we are all still one large group of friends for the long haul. Maybe it's just become tradition, because we all seem to pass one on to the next...lol

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

I actually prefer meeting them online and getting to know them that way for a few months before meeting them in person. To me, first dates (and the entire early stage of dating) is awkward and I don't really feel like I can be myself the way I would like. Getting to know someone online allows me the opportunity to open myself up to them without the awkwardness, the physical aspect (lust/shyness/whatnot), or any of the other clouding my mind. Then, by the time I do meet them in person I am much more comfortable and things seem to flow much more smoothly. This could also be because I am a painfully shy person when it comes to the whole dating thing. *shrug*
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post: