Old 07-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #591
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
When I try to search for particular threads or posts I either get no results or too many to be useful. I think surely I must be doing something wrong because I see other posts by users telling other users to just search to find the post/thread in question.

Does search use boolean operators?

Does anyone have any tips that can help me search and actually get meaningful results?

Is there a thread that addresses it, searching, that I cannot find because I cannot search for it in a meaningful way?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
KISS. Don't overcomplicate the search. Use the advanced search options and be moderately specific but not so much that you'll eliminate all of your options. Don't try the full title of the thread. Keyword searches garner better results. If you know the thread has been in existence for a couple of years it's probably safe to assume it has at least 25 posts and make sure to mark whether you are looking for key words in the posts or in the title and make sure that you actually use the correct words to do the key word searches. That helps.

I'm subscribed to well over 2000 threads, so it's often much easier to do a search than to try to go through my subscribed threads link. Muuuuuuch easier.

I can't remember what a Boolean operator is so I really can't help you there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: