View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #38
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Me: Nancy, I have scheduled a stop of billing on 06/27/12 for your electric service, and I have your final mailing address as ______. Is there anything else we can help you with today?

Nancy (in a very grave tone): Yes, I want to talk to you about something. Have you ever heard about electro magnetic fields causing your customers to levitate off of their bed by 2 to 3 feet? I have many metal parts in my body, and your electricity grid is causing electricity to flow from the metal parts into my veins...and I have levitated! Is your company looking into this?

Me ('cause I know stuff I should not know): No, Nancy, that is not something that is caused by the power stations in your area. Perhaps you should look into living in one of the communities that exist without electricity or power lines near them. There are communities of people who live away from populated areas, because they feel that they are sensitive to power stations and power lines.

Nancy: There are? Wow, I'm going to look that up on the computer at the library!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My comment, unheard by the customer while I pressed the mute button:

"Nancy, it's possible that when your head stops spinning, you may want to contact the nearest Catholic Church regarding your exorcism"

My observation...after the call, when I explained the conversation to a co-worker (or 5..ha!): "I sure hope she doesn't levitate while she's using the computer at the library later..."

On a serious note, I do realize that my customer is probably suffering from a mental disorder, and I am empathetic...But, sometimes...the situation is just so absurd, that I feel it is okay to have a good laugh, as long as the customer never knows you did.

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: