View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 06:27 AM   #14
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

The biggest change was moving from having a home health care worker come in to pick up all the hours, to having J get certified in order to pick up part of the hours the aide stopped being able to cover when she had to help her mom due to changing needs during the pandemic, to J becoming my full time helper when the aide had to quit. She said it was actually easier to just do it all herself than have someone come in and have to spend so much time helping the help. I appreciate J stepping up and my son being so supportive, helping make that possible, however I'm really looking forward to getting my independence back. I'd rather not need anyone to come in but as long as I have to I'd rather have family be family and the help the help.

Another big change, plans to get back behind the wheel. By the time it became clear what we should, shouldn't be out doing the weather began to turn. Out in the cold, with so many places closed didn't seem like a very good time to be out practicing my driving. Now, though restrictions are being lifted, more places are open and the weather is warming, my son says he doesn't feel comfortable about me out driving around in the middle of a pandemic in the car he planned to give me so bear with him, be patient while he works on finding something affordable that will be a lot more reliable. So transportation, a lot has changed and continues in that department.

Also I'm very isolated. I figured this would be a great place to meet new people because the entire property is set up for that. We have a pool, weight room, billiard table, computer lab, outdoor picnic areas, walking trails and so much more. Plenty of opportunities to socialize only now we can't. I don't know anyone here, don't have a car yet, there is no public transportation and nothing but one gas station within walking distance. There is a store that will be close to us once they open a road they plan to put in but for right now I'm pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. I see my family a lot which helps but the vast majority of the time I'm alone which I'm not used and it sucks.

Right now life seems on hold, a whole bunch of hurry up and wait. Things are changing. J and I went to the library for the first time in forever the other day. We're able to go walking in a couple more parks now so long as we practice social distancing. It's to the point now where we can pretty much do everything we used to before the pandemic just in a much more limited way and most of it only when we're masked up. LOL I bet now even the movie theaters are open, to three people a showing. One good thing, change for the better, before this pandemic I never did any shopping for fresh foods online, had any delivered. I didn't know you could and probably wouldn't have had I known but now that I've been forced to I've found I sort of like it for some things, definitely not tomatoes though.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: