View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #68
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I used to believe in heaven and hell.

Not so much anymore. I do believe in an afterlife or new life. I don't think our spirits end when we take our last breath. As i've posted before I have had an afterlife experience so i know something is out there. And, being a nurse I've seen things that you would not believe at all.

Being brought up southern Baptist it was brainwashed into my head as far back as i can remember. Good=heaven. Bad=hell.

However, with maturity I have come to realize that it isn't so cut and dry.

Good people can do bad things sometimes. Bad people can do good things.

The lines are too fuzzy to know where they cross. With that thought it sorta proves, IMO, that the places of heaven and hell are man's way of promoting Hierarchy in a world full of "better than you" thought behaviours.

I have choosen not to worry bout it anymore. I have choosen to believe when i leave here I go back to the place i've seen. I don't know if it was heaven. I don't care. I just know it was beautiful and parts of my family are there now.
I'm sorry if your experience wasn't a good one, or the means to having the experience I should say. Wow, what a lucky thing, a sneak peek! I would believe every story you have. I worked 3.5 years in a nursing home while in college. I have some amazing stories to tell also. I think working there has had a lot to do with how I see some things now.

And I 100% agree with the scare tactics used in a "better than you" hack up manor is just what you said, "mans way of promoting hierarchy".

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post: