View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #14
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
This probably wont be helpful or even interesting to anyone but I would like to tell a tiny tale about our recent cross-country move.

I had been trying to purge huge amounts of stuff because of the premium space on our 26-foot Penske. Cutting loose furniture, mementos, books, clothing, you name it.
When it came to my art supplies, I became frozen.
All of the little found objects that I had been saving for the "maybe one'days", the little pieces of nature, the stacks of journals with writing, sketches, and such.
Paper sack of bird feathers? CAN NOT THROW OUT!
Dozens of plastic doll faces? CAN NOT LET GO!
Sequins? String? Fabric? Those clearance jewelry molds?! NOPE! NOPE!

Jack was very understanding.

But imagine my giggly embarrassment as people showed up to help load the truck and toted 13 boxes of "art supplies" out of the house, multiple torsos, heads, and arms made of paper mache, 3 easels, and a gaggle of canvases in various stages of completion.

(and feel free to confess your sins too, Quockers.) :P
Feel not alone, sweet gorgon.... I had three 55 gallon trash bags full of fabric.. I couldn't toss a scrap.. I mean... what if that 1/5 scrap of blue was the PERFECT shape and color for something... no.. it all had to come..

I may be known for picking up stray beads and heart glitter when I sweep...

I learned my lesson... Years ago I tossed out all this beautiful thin tissue paper... Now.. I am jonesing to cover mirror frames in it... and *GASP* I'm going to have to buy new..... I HATE buying new... where is the challenge or the fun in that...
Random is offline   Reply With Quote