Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Upcoming Superbowl decisions...decisions...

I have to say that I am really on the fence about the upcoming Superbowl. Though I am a fan of neither team, I do recognize their talent in making it through the playoffs.

Here's my inner (and now outer) monologue:

The Patriots are a well oiled machine. However, they seem to have skidded through by the skin of their teeth in the two games prior to yesterday's, and yesterday they really seemed to have been handed the game by the Raven's kicker. I do like Tom Brady.

The Giants, in my opinion, have played really well this year. I do not like The Giants, I do like Eli Manning. They are, again in my opinion, the underdogs of this game. Someone I do not like, offsite, hates The Giants.

My inner 5 year old will probably pick the underdog team, and the joy of hoping that someone will be disappointed if they win.

Either way, I really think it is going to be one helluva game. I love watching Superbowl games. I am sad that the Steelers and 49ers are out, but loving the Superbowl like I do, I will have to get over it so that I can still enjoy the game wholeheartedly.

End monologue....

When I have no vested interest in either team, I pick the underdog as well. It just seems like the right thing to do.

This year, I do have an interest as I am a Patriots fan. This is not, however, stopping my inner dialogue from mulling things over.

To me, the Patriots have had a so-so season. The defense hasnt always been reliable. The number of new faces in and out of the front line was impressive. Tom Brady hasnt always been as sharp as I would like to see. And, I have seen him more flustered this year than ever before. The offense has varied as well. Some games they made it look easy, some hard, some impossible, some grateful to have the win courtesy of the other guys mistakes.

The Belichick/Brady magic and mystique isnt quite what it used to be. A few teams seem to have out coached us this year, using Belichick like stuff in the process.

Still my guys. Still hope they do well. Grateful they have gotten this far. But, still realistic.

The Giants have had an awesome second half. Their defense has stepped up when it counted the most. Their guys are huge and fast and tough. Eli, given enough time, can throw with the best of them. Their offensive can be explosive. They made minced meat out of the Packers, in the playoffs.

The Giants, to me, are a team on a mission this year. And they did it quietly but steadily to get to this point. Their coach, to me, is a formidable opponent with many Belichickesque techniques used, especially when playing the Patriots.

I think it is going to be a tough game. I hope the Patriots win but it wont surprise me if they dont.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: