Old 06-26-2022, 01:47 PM   #803
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

One thing I wasn't prepared for when I got my booster was that it stirred up dormant stuff in me. I've known a few others that also had this happen. I had a fever blister pop up, as did my trainer and a friend's 30-something year old daughter got shingles.

Having said that, I'm eligible for my second booster next month and I'll be getting it. Why do that when it could stir something up again? Because the alternative is less attractive to me. The vaccines and boosters, as Bully said, are designed not as a cure, but as a preventative measure to lessen the severity of COVID's symptoms and impact on a person. The more people that are protected with the vaccines means the less likelihood that it will continue to spread and morph into new variants.

Like JD, there are some who have medical issues that might be worsened by the shots. I get that. There are also those whose religion is against the shots. Again, I get that. It's unfortunate but I get it.

What I don't get is the lying. Why do people lie about getting the vaccine when they didn't and saying that they were told not to by a medical professional when they weren't? Because they know it will generate a strong response and they don't want to deal with the conversations that would follow. BUT if they truly didn't care, why lie? Because they DO care and they DO know that it's the right thing to do but they just don't want to do it. Those people. Those are the ones that make me shake my head.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: