View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #8
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
I'm sure that is true of some. And it might be the whole of it for all I know.

But sometimes I wonder if there is some kind of disconnect in the definition of what it means to be PC. Some way that it really turns people off. I read a debate with a poll on a website that asked the question "Do you believe people spend too much time trying to be politically correct?" and the result was 90% to 10% that, yes, we do spend too much time. When I saw the percentage of people feeling that way was that high, I began to wonder what I was missing. I also began to think that maybe Donald Trump is smarter than I imagined. *snip*

I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I feel like there's some key piece I haven't been able to locate. I mean 90% of people. I know it was just one website and one poll, but still, that's quite decisive.
I'm not disagreeing-- just adding that I wonder what te racial/class composition of the survey respondents was. I think the thing the US doesn't want to say with words is that if someone isn't white, they aren't welcome. And should leave. And die.

The resentment of "acting PC" is their another way of saying DAMN FOREIGNERS. Trump is reaching the white working class voters who feel that something has been taken from them by Black people, Mexicans and now Muslims. Trump promises to clean up America and give them back their dignity, and Brot Und Arbeit. As I think most people in this thread sing along... "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Bavaria In the 1930s..." I fear the discussion about the value of PCorrectness distracts from the pressing conversation about white supremacy that needs to be happening.

Racism. Xenophobia. Humans are so easily led down hateful paths by their fear and those who prey on it.
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post: