Old 12-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
For those of you who have been in abusive relationships and feel comfortable sharing:
  • What were your first warning signs that something was wrong?
  • Were there actions or behaviors that you may have missed or dismissed at first only to later realize were big red flags?
  • Do you have any advice you'd like to give to others so they they too, don't go through what you've been through?

Education is very important and how many of us have come from families where we were treated less-than-lovingly and therefore weren't quite aware how we were supposed to be treated in relationships as an adult?

This is our thread. Survivors-turned-educators unite!
Okay, so I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole regarding exes. Bliss has a point there. No fingers should be pointed at anyone, only taking a good, hard look at oneself and how to make one's relationships healthier.

First warning signs?

Twisting gut, uneasiness. Tingling Spidey sense.

Red flags?

Controlling behavior, frequently changing mood swings, unnecessary suspicion and jealousy. Blaming others for one's own actions, choices and decisions.

Advice?

Sure. But it would be tailored to their specific circumstances if I were privy to them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: