EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

It really is idiotic. Ford has a very definative view as to who constitutes "the people" and "taxpayers" in his mind, and the people he has in mind aren't typically those that could be bothered with such "plebeian" forms of transportation as the TTC, GOTrains/busses and bikes. He may think that he's going to go and save "the taxpayers'" money, but by putting the transit city project on the back burner, all he's going to do is decrease the city's efficiency (making it harder for those who rely on public transport to get to work/make a living), not to mention continue to clog up traffic for the vehicles that do need to be on the road. Bad for the majority of Torontonians, bad for the economy, bad for the environment.

And yes, he's made countless homophobic and transphobic comments, but nobody seems to care. Again, apparently taxpayers are rich, heterosexual Christians who frown on public transport, unions and worker/employee rights. I guess the LGBT community, them sneaky "orientals" and "ginos" do not pay taxes? Or, you know, anyone who doesn't own/regularly drive a car...

"Mr. Ford endorses the views of a fundamentalist Christian pastor who said same-sex marriage could 'dismantle' a 'healthy democratic civilization.' Appearing alongside Pastor Wendell Brereton, Mr. Ford says: 'We’re together. We have the same thoughts.' He adds: 'I support traditional marriage. I always have. But if people want to, to each your own. I’m not worried about what people do in their private life. I look out for taxpayers’ money.'"

"I don't understand. Number one, I don't understand a transgender, I don't understand, is it a guy dressed up like a girl or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we're funding this for, I don't know, what does it say here? We're giving them $3,210?" - June 2005

"If you’re not doing needles and you’re not gay, you won't get AIDS, probably." - June 28, 2006

"Mr. Ford questions a grant for a video about homosexuality in Toronto’s South Asian community, telling The National Post: 'I have no problem giving money out to physically or mentally handicapped children or seniors, but spending $5,000 on this video is disgusting, it is absolutely disgusting to spend this amount of money on this, whatever it was called, video.'" - June 13, 2001

Also, this comment geared toward the homeless:

"People do not want government housing built in the city of Toronto. They want roads fixed, more police presence, but they don't want more government housing that will depreciate the value of their property." - July, 2005

Because nothing could be more horrible than having a million dollar house's value depreciated. How dare the homeless depreciate the air the rich breathe!

Sorry, just really fucking pissed at the outcome of these elections.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: