Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #70
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation
Default bumping and replying..

I moved within the past year and used up my savings and retirement to do so. If was something I did just because I wanted to try something new. I wanted no regrets and wanted to live my life and get out and see the world after I obtained my bachelors. Here I left thinking cool I'll get a job right away and I'll have all my money I left with. Wrong! It took me about 4 months to get a entry level job and I used up all my money to live in that time. I am now working about 4.00 less per hour. I feel they don't pay their employees shit in this state and they are an at will state which means they can do what they want and fire whoever they want for whatever reason.

So now I am currently working full time in hospitality in a guest services position of a 4 star hotel. I also do sports and entertainment security when called upon and when needed with a different company. I would love to get a job in my area of study but I need some experience underneath me and make a few changes to get there, however I feel it is doable when committed to doing it. I love my security job and that is where it is for me. I am currently looking for more security work. I put in a transfer at the hotel where I work and everything was fine, I was ready to go, until I got a call (unprofessional) that it is conflict of interest to be in a relationship with someone that also works for the company and be a security officer. That is something I understand, but what I don't understand is married people working in the same department, managers having relations with associates when they are married to someone else, supervisors partying it up with their coworkers. I asked them how am I a conflict of interest in the two separate departments that we work in but all that is not? I would agree if the policy was fair and equal all across the company but I find it bullshit that they pick and choose who has to follow the conflict of interest policy. I asked for clarification and documentation for which I was told, "oh, um let me find it." and I was asked, "It was brought to my attention that you are having a relationship with someone that works here. can I ask you who it is?" To which I replied, "I find it odd you are asking me that because I keep my personal life separate from my work life. We are both very professional at work. Go ahead and ask whoever told you, they probably know." Wow, was I furious. Not because of the policy. Because I know what it means and somehow Security and supervisors/managers are held to a higher standard but because I feel targeted because of my identity and who I choose to date and someone felt the need to go and hate about my life and now I cannot transfer and feel somehow they don't give a shit if we just quit now. We both will be looking for other jobs as we do not agree with the discrimination and favortism in this company. I will tell everyone, including the HR manager how I feel. I told her when they have a board of directors meeting to go ahead and tell everyone. This is not the first time I had issues with this company. I explained to them I am transgender because they have specific uniform requirements for each gender which they were ok with at first and now they seem to be hassling me with this shit too.

So anyway with my job and my goals, I will continue to look for security/law enforcement work because I feel that is where my heart is. The pay and benefits matter little to me right now. It is my happiness and being in something that enjoy and love that matter more.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post: