theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,879 Times in 2,477 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm extremely lucky in that I've been employed full time with the U.S. Government for the last 15+ years as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. I'm blessed to have the full benefits of federal service, including good health insurance and a generous paid annual leave and sick leave program. I also receive a disability pension from my military service (unlike disability benefits from Social Security or other disability systems, one can still work and receive VA Disability Compensation) and I have full military benefits like Commissary and Exchange, etc. I get most of my health care and full dental care through the VA.

I realize that I am really, really, really blessed and I don't take for granted any of what I am blessed with, believe me!! I know what it is like in the private sector, because I worked for quite a few years in broadcast television production and then in health care. Since I have quite a few health issues, it just made sense for me to work for the VA, since I'm a Veteran and the VA is an "employer of choice" for someone like me. They also have a lot of patience with me when I have problems with my health, and that is a REALLY nice little perk to have, too.

My heart goes out to the folks who are sweating through this economic downturn. I keep praying for things to get better for all of us.

Respectfully,
~Theo~