View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #64
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Jess! Sammy the hefty poop machine, lol!!! Oh my... I live in fear that Trooper will never stop growing. He has the potential to hit 100 pounds, yanno? Yikes...

Nick bought ergonomic crochet hooks, I will ask him about them.

In the meantime, exercises might help a lot with the CTS. The simplest one of all is to hold your right hand out in front of you, elbow straight, as if you were a traffic cop. With the other hand, bend back each finger in turn and hold for a few seconds. Remember to do your thumb, also. Never go to the point of actual pain! Just pull till you feel the stretch. Then repeat on your left hand. If you do this repeatedly during the day, it may help a lot.

Also, with CTS, it's very important to keep the fingers extended while you sleep. People quite often naturally curl the fingers under, but that increases swelling inside the carpal tunnels and puts additional pressure on the nerves. It might help to sleep in wrist braces for a while. The kind to get are the "cock-up wrist braces" (usually with a metal piece in the palm) as they keep the wrist in a neutral position. *enjoy any double entendres at your leisure*
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote