How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i've never lived in a big city, but i would say both charlottesville and lawrence (smallish - 80k-120k folks) are awful, and both get away with it in the name of being "historic." i love living in places with a strong sense of history, but the cobblestone streets, uneven and poorly maintained sidewalks, and lack of accessible housing and public spaces are upsetting. most businesses are not physically accessible because they are in "historic" areas and don't have to comply with ada, most housing was built before the ada and there are few ground-level apartments, etc. people have chosen not to find ways to incorporate elevators, lifts, and ramps into businesses and houses, even when that might be an option.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: