View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #48
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Logicaly,

I think the key to eBay is to research. Before you list something, look for similar items that are currently listed and see if they're selling. Better still, look at completed listings and see how many of the same item sold and how much they sold for. The long and short of it is, you need to be realistic. If something is priced too high, it's simply not going to sell, same applies to shipping, so if the price you want for something is significantly more than what similar items usually sell for, then no, there's not much point in listing it.

As to whether or not most of my items sell, it depends. I do eBay as a 'job', which means in most cases, I buy to re-sell, so I tend to adapt to suit the season. In December, for example, I focused on crystal glasses (ready for the Christmas season) and practically every single set I put on sold. Now? I'd be lucky to sell one or two a week, so I focus on something else. Truth is, the listing fees are much lower than they used to be - as a private seller, you'd probably be able to take advantage of the free listing days as well - so, unless you're listing a particularly expensive item, we're talking pennies as opposed to pounds. Selling fees, on the other hand, are higher than they used to be but, as long as you take into account when you list that you're going to be paying about 10% if an item sells (plus PayPal fees) to eBay, you should be okay. Plus, I don't know about you, when it comes to personal items, things that I no longer want or need but that are too good to just give away/trash, any money they fetch is a bonus. Right?

Anyway, why not start small and give Queerbay a try? Obviously you won't reach the same audience but at least it'll be a first step.

Good luck!

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote