View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #57
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation
Default A different generation...

W/we just got back from visiting my parents and spending the best part of a day trying to clear up what is supposed to be my mother's utility room but what has become yet another of my father's dumping grounds. I feel so sorry for my Mom. My brother built her that room so she would have a space of her own, a place where she could store things, use her sewing machine, plant seeds etc. yet, until today, she could hardly get in it, let alone use it.

Anyway, to cut a long story short...W/we put things aside - useless things, things my father will never ever need or use - so he could approve O/our getting rid of them. Result? A huge dent in the mess. Until, that is, he got around to actually looking over what W/we planned on chucking and decided it needed to all go back so he could 'think about it' later. So okay, his family were poor, so okay, he lived through the war and rationing and all that that entailed, but come on, FOUR sets of golf clubs (he can't play any more). Two sets of bowls (he's never played). A badminton racket? Used, what, once, about 40 years ago? *Sigh* I can't begin to tell you how depressed I feel right now at the thought of my mother, at almost 80, and after spending her entire life working so hard, not being able to enjoy the fruits of her labour because of my father's reluctance to let go of crap.

It's just ****ing unfair, you know?

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote