Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I'm not nearly schooled enough in the schools of feminism, but I actually think of second wave as being more anti-feminine than the third wave. I don't think of the second-wave as being man-hating as much as I think of the second wave as being, "no heterosexual sex is consensual in a patriarchy" and "makeup is an apology for your face." Which feminists are these? I think of the third wave as being more "it's okay to like to fuck and wear makeup and knit if you wanna." I know I need to read up. But I'm tired and I have adhd.

LOL!

Ummm... one thing I have learned is that part of the problem around feminist ideology is that most people don't do research and I mean going back to even the suffragist era (not just in the US).

All of the history and all of the differing schools along with what goes on in the actual social movements is really multi-dimensional. For me, my job is to keep up with today’s thought and not remain in the past as a feminist.

So, I guess all ages have to do some work! It is an ever evolving theory that is reflective of time eras- which it should be! Women (and men along gender variables) of today have all kinds of things to say that is relevant to what they are dealing with today!

There are many theorists of today advancing new thought, especially women of color.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: