theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yesterday, I lost the second half of 2 of the best friends I've ever had in my life......my dear old friend of over 30 years, Irene. Dear Wife and I had to make the awful, heartwrenching decision to withdraw the life support that was sustaining her for the last 6 days. There was just no "meaningful recovery" in her future, due to Multi Organ Failure, and it was simply time to let Irene go with her wife, soulmate and lover of over 22 years (separated only by death, when Angie died at age 42, in 1995).

There is a profound sense of sadness in my heart, but in another sense, I am very happy for her that she is now with Angie again. Irene wished to be cremated, and that is what we will do for her. Long ago, I promised Irene that, when she died, I would take her back home to Brunswick, GA, and scatter her ashes over the Marshes of Glynn (poem by Sidney Lanier).

Rest in peace, old friend, and know that you were deeply loved and will be sorely missed. Go with Angie and know love, joy and peace again.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post: