View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
Share? hmmm... not so much. That's primarily because my parents, both Holocaust survivors, were very tight lipped about what they experienced in Poland. I would imagine it wasn't easy to discuss enduring years of constant terror, watching people they love die whether through starvation, illness, being gassed or taking a bullet to the head. I remember my mother telling me the story of how she was nearly shot in the head while working in a "factory line" and my father telling me how he lost his left hand while in one of the concentration camps.

Growing up, I only heard bits and pieces - but never anything I could fully comprehend as a child. I am merely grateful for the fact that they not only survived such an ordeal - but had the ability to come to this country and live very productive lives.
I'm always very sorry about this. I grew up with Jewish people and I'm very sensitive about the holocaust and anything anti-semitic. The Jewish people I know, some of them orthodox and some holocaust survivors, had a great impact on me growing up. Thanks for sharing your story.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote