View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I'm always very sorry about this. I grew up with Jewish people and I'm very sensitive about the holocaust and anything anti-semitic. The Jewish people I know, some of them orthodox and some holocaust survivors, had a great impact on me growing up. Thanks for sharing your story.
What is an interesting fact that a lot of people don't realize is -- it was not only the Jews Hitler had a penchant for killing. The people of Poland were basically enslaved. ALL Jews had a death sentence, along with the infirm, old, homosexual, Jewish sympathizers, etc... and some Jews and non-Jews- who were healthy enough to perform labor - were put to work in concentration camps. Many of them were killed - "just because". If you spoke against the Nazis, you were killed. If you looked at them funny, you were shot. If they woke up on the wrong side of the bed one day ... well, you get my drift.

My parents were not Jewish. To my knowledge, even though my mother's maiden name "could" be of Jewish decent - she was Catholic. I will never know about my ancestry - when my parents died, they took whatever memories were left of them to their graves.

I can certainly "understand" to a certain degree what it was like for everyone, especially the Jews during that time.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post: