Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I had many family members who were in WWII also, but no one would talk about it. I have always been very interested in that era for whatever reason. Maybe it was that no one would speak of it.

I did have an uncle who was a POW in Italy and had shrapnel damage, another uncle who was a pilot in the Pacific and yet another who was in the Battle of the Bulge...but no details other than that. I do have some boxes of mementos I need to go through though, maybe I can find more info there. I do have guns and knives from the era from my father's estate I need to sell.

I have watched the Shoa tapes, and read and studied the Holocaust extensively. When we lived in Argentina when I was a kid there were Holocaust survivors, people who escaped before the war and Nazi sympathizers and escapees as well. It was a weird mix.

It amazes me that knowing what we do know about that time, we as humans do not do more to prevent war and genocide.

I am so disappointed in Us. Killing and torture still happen and no one wants to know.

I wonder, if I had been in a situation like the General German population was during the war, how I would have reacted. Would I have given my life to save my fellow human? Or would I choose not to know. As a child I KNEW I would have given my life in a second. Now? I knew about the prison torture in Iraq and did nothing except for vote for the person I thought least likely to continue the torture. Was that enough?......

Just rambling....sorry Andrew. Great subject, I will be reading.